Mentors change lives.
Every actively enrolled RISE participant is paired with a volunteer from the community to act as their mentor for a formal 6 to 10 month cycle. The mentoring program is right at the heart of RISE, and is designed to help facilitate the navigation of the mentee into the local workforce. Mentors take on an active and supportive role to their mentee throughout the RISE cycle, and receive pre-pairing training as well as on-going support.
- Interact on a weekly basis for 1 to 2 hours (or as needed) with their mentees.
- Provide encouragement, support, guidance, and advice to mentees.
- Act as a role model and a resource to their mentees.
- Attend the monthly RISE skill-building workshops with their mentees as often as possible.
- Stay updated on the progress of the mentee, and provide periodic updates to the RISE case management team accordingly.
- Communicate with the RISE team to make them aware of any communication gaps or other issues during the active RISE cycle.
- Where applicable, provide assistance in helping the RISE team identify a suitable internship for the mentee.
In some cases, the informal mentee-mentor relationship extends well beyond the formal RISE cycle, and we have been pleased to see many of these friendships develop and mature over time. Interested mentor candidates are warmly invited to apply for our next RISE cycle, where they will be interviewed by our team and then carefully matched with a mentee that is a good fit.
I would like to find out more about becoming a RISE mentor.
Using the form below, please provide your contact information, and be sure to indicate your interest in mentoring in the description box so we may quickly direct your inquiry to the most appropriate team member.
* These fields are required.