We are very proud of what our RISE participants have accomplished to date, and what they will undoubtedly accomplish in the future.
Since its inception in 2013, the RISE Program has provided all of its participants with opportunities for skill-building experiences, one-on-one mentoring support, and professional internships. The unique synergy of these components has allowed individuals to craft a more solid foundation upon which to earn stable employment that creates a more sustainable lifestyle moving forward.
To date, RISE has served 37 public housing residents in five groups of 7-10 participants. We are currently launching a class of 7 participants. The unemployment rate in Lucas Village has fallen from 28 percent to 13 percent, in large part to the success of our RISE participants.
Success of RISE:
- All but four RISE participants in RISE I through IV are either working, going to school or both.
- All RISE participants (100%) have been connected with a mentor.
- Over 20 percent of RISE participants have moved out of public housing.
Further, RISE participants have met many of their other individual goals while in RISE, moving them steadily toward economic self-sufficiency. For example:
* 85% reached goal of obtaining driver’s licenses after completing driver’s education
* 50% reached goal of obtaining a GED
* 90% reached goal of continuing college coursework toward a degree
* 100% reached goal of obtaining Certified Nursing Assistant certification
* 100% reached goal of obtaining associate’s degree from FCC in spring 2015
* 87% of RISE women participating completed 10-week women’s empowerment group
Want to volunteer your time, talents, or connections to help make the next cycle of RISE a success?
Using the form below, please provide your contact information, and be sure to indicate your interest in exploring the many opportunities with the RISE program in the description box. You may also reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* These fields are required.